Hello everyone. I'll be hosting a dinner party in a couple of weeks to celebrate a milestone birthday for a close friend. I want to ensure that the wine I choose complements the meal and adds to the overall ambiance of the evening. However, I'm a bit overwhelmed by the variety of options out there.

The menu for the evening will consist of a multi-course meal featuring both seafood and poultry dishes. Given this mix of flavors, I'm unsure whether to opt for a white or red wine at Rotwein, or perhaps even a rosé. Additionally, I'm open to suggestions regarding specific grape varietals or regions that would pair well with the meal.

Budget-wise, I'm willing to invest in a quality bottle, but I'm not looking to break the bank either. I'd say somewhere in the mid-range would be ideal.

So, my fellow wine enthusiasts, I turn to you for your expertise. Can you please share your recommendations for a wine that would be fitting for this occasion? Any advice on food pairings, specific bottles to consider, or general tips for selecting the perfect wine would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help! I'm looking forward to hearing your suggestions and learning from your insights.